Thursday, September 4, 2008

Personal Reflection

Out of the three books that I read over the summer my favorite novel was The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. From the moment I started reading the book I was very intrigued with the many details in all of the stories. I really do not enjoy reading novels in general but this book was interesting enough for me to be able to enjoy it. There were many times when I was laughing about certain things and then a few minutes later I was close to crying (but I didn't) because of the way that the Wall's family lived their lives. I doubt there is no way I can live like that but I guess they didn't really know any better.

If someone held a gun to my head and asked me to suggest a good book to pick up this book would be close to the top of my list. It really moved me and I could relate to some aspects in the story. It is a good book to read so that you truly understand how hard life can be. What I would say that I learned the most from reading these three books and especially The Glass Castle is how good my life really is. In all three of the books the characters had to show great courage and determination to live their lives the way that they did. These books give me inspiration to live my life to the fullest and take every opportunity I can to make something with my life.

No comments: